Happy St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day to you all! 


Shamrock Vector Image
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vectorportal/5123819042

I have many Irish ancestors from several Irish counties. There are the Irish Presbyterians: Moore, Hannah and Glenn, the Church of Ireland families: Dawson, Giles, Lee and Moore, and the Irish Catholics: Agnew, Flynn, Moylan, Brennan, Ryan, McInerney, Lagan, Birt and McElwee.

They came to Australia from Antrim, Derry, Dublin, Cork, Kilkenny, Cavan, Monaghan and Waterford.
They arrived in Australia from 1822 beginning with my great, great, great, great grandfather Patrick Flynn and ending with my great, great grandfather John Moore who arrived with his family in 1883.
Thank you to all of you for making your homes in Tasmania, Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. 
I am very proud to be able to say that I have Irish ancestry.

Comments