My Christmas treat - British Newspaper Archive

Each year I try to give myself a genealogical treat. This year it is a one month subscription to the British Newspaper Archive. For the next month my research will concentrate on what goodies I can discover on this site.

This morning I discovered the birth announcement of my great, great grandmother Jane Smith Fleming who was born in Princes Street, Stranraer, Scotland on 29th October 1853.



Dumfries and Galloway Standard, Wednesday 2nd November 1853, p. 4

This Google Map view shows the end of Princes Street with Loch Ryan in the distance. I wonder what changes there have been in the street in the past 160 years?



I have previously blogged about Jane McColm's (Fleming's) death and the about the fact that she had 2 death certificates

I wonder what else I will discover?

Comments